Saturday, April 16, 2011

Make it Mine Oatmeal Cookies

These cookies are GOOD. I love cookies. They are a super big weakness for me. I found this great oatmeal cookie recipe that lets you choose your favourite ingredients to put in. Have fun with it!
 Here we go:

-FAT. You need one cup of fat. I used 1/2 cup of natural peanut butter and 1/2 cup of apple sauce. You can use 1 cup of peanut butter, or half and half with normal butter. You choose. But all you need is one cup.
-SUGAR. I used 1 cup of brown sugar and 1/2 cup of white. You could also use 1 1/2 cups of brown, or 1 cup of white with 1/2 cup of honey.  you need 1 1/2 cups total. :)
-1 tsp baking soda
-SPICE. 1 tsp of cinnamon. OR  1/2 tsp of allspice.
-1/2 tsp of salt
-2 eggs
-1 tsp vanilla
-FLOUR. 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour. OR 3/4 c. of all purpose flour & 3/4 c. whole wheat flower.
-3 cups of rolled oats
-1 cup of something extra. Chocolate chips, coconuts, craisins, raisins. You choose ;)
 

TO START, preheat oven to 350F. In a large mixing bowl beat your fat for 30 seconds. Add your desired sugar, baking soda, spice and salt.  Beat until combined, scraping the sides of the bowl.
My BEAUTIFUL mixer makes everything so easy!
Okay, continuing on...
Beat in eggs and vanilla. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Then, stir in the rest of the flour and the oats.


Add your something extra. I added raisins.


Bake them for 8-10 minutes. More time if you made larger cookies. :)
As a final touch I added chocolate and caramel to the tops of my plain oatmeal cookies. I wanted something special for when people came over. Anyways, this recipe is awesome and you can try it different ways! I've tried it a few different ways now and I love them each time! Enjoy!
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment