Sunday, September 4, 2011

Rainbow Cupcakes

Hello everyone! My friend Katelyn is who inspired me to make these cupcakes! She is a very talented cake maker and she posted  pictures of the rainbow cake that she made! Man...her cake looks amazing. I am pretty sure I dreamt about eating it..haha. Anyways...another friend of mines birthday was coming up and I decided to make rainbow cupcakes! Overall I am happy with how they came out..but I was a little dissapointed with the icing I made. I decided to make a whipped cream icing and it was VERY difficult to work with...I suppose it is an icing that I still need to master. Here is how you can make your very own rainbow cupcakes!
You need:
- follow a basic vanilla cake or cupcake recipe
-muffin tin
-muffin cups
-food colouring
VOILA..
 Here is what I did. I made my basic vanilla cake batter and then I separated the batter into bowls.
(the picture is sideways...but I don't know how to fix it...:)
Once you have separated the batter you can add your desired colours.
The next step is you put your muffin cups into your muffin tin and then you start to add the batter! You layer the colours as you desire.
Bake as your recipe instructs you and then yayyy fun cupcakes!



xoxo-Britt

No comments:

Post a Comment