Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Pumpkin Loaf

I love pumpkin. I also love fall. I am not going to lie...I have made about 6 loaves of pumpkin loaf this fall. I promise that I shared! haha. I love all fall foods. Pumpkin, apple, pies, soups and stews..are all my favs..and I have been eating delicious fall foods all fall long! I'm sorry that I haven't been sharing the recipes!
This recipes is a good one. It is bad for you though...I must warn you. So make this if you are having company and you are going to share...because if not.. you will probably eat ALOT of it yourself!
This makes 2 loaves.

Here is what you will need:
-3 cups of sugar
-1 cup oil
-4 eggs
-3 1/3 flour
-2 tsps baking soda
-1 1/2 tsp  salt
-1 tsp ground cinnamon
-1 tsp nutmeg
-1 15 ounce can of pumpkin...or your own 15 ounce cooked pumpkin

First thing that I did was chop up my pumpkin and boil it.


I boiled it then drained the water out. I then mixed the pumpkin with a hand electric mixer. A food processor or blender would probably work best.

STEP ONE:
-Preheat oven to 350F
-Grease 2 loaf pans and set aside
-In a large mixing bowl beat sugar and oil with an electric mixer on medium speed
-Add the eggs and beat well
-Set the suagr mixture aside

STEP TWO:
-In a large bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg
-Alternately add the flour mixture and 2/3 cup of water to the suagr mixture, beating on low speed after each addition just until combined
-Beat in the pumpkin, spoon the batter into the prepared loaf pans
STEP THREE:
-Bake for 60 minutes. (Or more..mine have taken an hour and 20 minutes before. Keep an eye on them and poke the center with a tooth pick or knife and see if it comes out clean. When it comes out clean, it's done)
-Cook on a wire rack for 15 minutes


We couldn't help ourselves...we started to eat it before I took the pictures!


ENJOY
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment