Monday, December 5, 2011

Veggie Fettuccine Alfredo with Baked Chicken

I am not a big pasta fan...so I rarely make it.(I'm weird, I know..)  BUT..for some strange reason I was in the mood for some..a biggggg bowl of it. I have also not had fettuccine alfredo in a long time so that's basically the reason why I made this yummy (terrible for you..) creamy dinner. As Dan and I were eating it he told me "You know there are healthier ways to make this..." hahahha of course I know that! I just didn't care...but now that it's Monday I am starting to care. Two meals of this and a few desserts over the weekend have left me feeling..well..crappy. haha Time to hit the gym! Anyways...This meal is absolutely delish! Just don't pare it with some cake for dessert...and you won't feel so bad! hahha I will also try out some healthier options and when I make that I will post it :)
Here is what you will need!
-8 onces of fettuccine
-2 cloves of garlic
-2 tbsps butter
-1 cup of whipping cream
-1/2 tsp salt
-1/8 tsp black pepper
-1/2 cup of grated or finely shredded parmesan cheese
-veggies of your choice. I used one green pepper chopped, one cup of baby spinach, a handfull of chopped mushrooms and a head of broccoli.
LETS GET STARTED :)
1-Prepare your chicken breasts in a caserole dish. I decided to bake the chicken because baked chicken tastes so tender and that goes great with the pasta.



I added black pepper, a pinch of salt, fresh garlic and fresh parsley to the chicken. I baked it in the oven at 350F for about 35 minutes. It might need more time depending on the size of the chicken breasts.

2-In a large saucepan begin to cook your pasta
3-Meanwhile, in a large saucepan cook garlic in hot butter over medium high heat for one minute. Add the cream, salt and pepper. Add your veggies. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat. Boil gently, uncovered until the mixture begins to thicken.
4- Once the veggies are cooked remove from heat. Stir in the parmesan cheese. Drain the pasta and add it to the sauce. Toss to combine. Serve with your baked chicken and voila dinner is served!


xo Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment