Monday, January 16, 2012

Spicy sesame broccoli

I make this recipe quite often actually. It is one of those recipes I can count on and that I know I will always enjoy. Whenever I make a new Chinese recipe, this tends to be what I make to go with it. I decided that today would be the day that I share this recipe with you all. Here's what you need:
*serves 4*
  • 2 tbsps oil
  • 2 medium heads of broccoli, cut
  • 2 tbsps soy sauce (sometimes I add a little extra :)
  • 1 tsp cornstarch
  • 1 tbsp sugar
  • 2 tsps grated fresh ginger root ( we freeze our ginger root and grate it from frozen)
  • 1 garlic clove, crushed
  • 1 tsp or more of chili flakes
  • 1 tsp of toasted sesame seeds
Step one:
In a bowl mix together:
-soy sauce, cornstarch, sugar, ginger, garlic and chili.

Step two:
In a frying pan heat up the oil and fry the broccoli on medium heat. About 5 minutes.

Step three:
Pour the soy sauce mixture onto the broccoli. Cook for another few minutes then add the toasted sesame seeds.
Voila. Yummmmmmyyy broccoli!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment