Monday, February 13, 2012

Easy Apple Crisp

To start, HAPPY MONDAY EVERYONE! Oh goodness, am I ever excited that it's Monday. I know that is so unlike me to like Monday, but I am now on the countdown to my trip to Montreal! Yay!Only 4 more days! Also, tomorrow is Valentines day! The day of love. The day everyone is expected to buy and and receive presents, flowers and chocolate. The day that every couple will be eating at a restaurant. The day that so many people think is overrated. Well I must tell you that I WILL be participating in everything valentines day. I shall partake in chocolate and eat at a restaurant that we reserved. This is my very first valentines day with Dan. For the past three years we have either been in different countries or separated by provinces for the day. I know that we don't need a "special" day to celebrate our love for one another, BUT I am looking forward to actually spending the day WITH him. haha It sucks when you have someone you love but you end up spending valentines day eating ice cream & watching a romantic movie alone. haha.That's not me this year!  What are your plans for valentines day?
Anywho, this recipe is excellent. Dan and I have made it several times. My youth pastors wife gave us a bunch of her own recipes as a gift for our wedding shower. It was a great gift and we have enjoyed trying the recipes! This recipe is super easy! If you try it you will not be dissapointed.
You need:
  • 6 to 8 apples
  • 1 cup of brown sugar
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 cup of oatmeal
  • 1/2 cup butter, melted
Step one:
Cut up your apples.
Place them in your baking dish.
Step two:
Mix the brown sugar, cinnamon, oats and melted butter in a bowl.
Pour it over the apples.


Step three:
Bake uncovered at 350F for 25-30 minutes.
ENJOY!
xo


No comments:

Post a Comment