Monday, March 19, 2012

Coconut-Spiked Pork with Peanuts & Quinoa

Want to try a new Quinoa dish?? Well try THIS! I will for sure be making this again! Before I get to the recipe, HAPPY MONDAY EVERYBODY! Yay, it's Monday. I hope everyone is having a fab day! I went to my French course this morning and I improved my plus-que-parfait skills and my verbes pronominaux! If you all don't know what that is, don't worry about it! Be happy that you are not confusing your brain! French is a complicated language. Although everything I am learning in my course I have already seen(and learned), it is a good review for me. As soon as I think I understand something, they throw in a new exception or a new rule that I have to train my brain to follow!  As difficult as it can be sometimes, I am very thankful for the opportunity to improve my French. I know that it will help me out now and in my future. I feel myself improving and my vocabulary widening. It's a good feeling. We should have (hopefully) just another year here, so I must soak up everything! The French, the culture & the outdoors. I know the day that we move will be bitter-sweet for me. It will be exciting to move back to Ontario. We will be able to speak English {Everyday!!}, we will be closer to our family & friends and Dan and I will be able to study full time! On the other hand, I love Quebec. I will miss speaking French everyday, and the friends that we have made here. We have started our life together here, so Saguenay means a lot to me. We still have another year so I need to enjoy it!
Now back to my recipe :)
You will need:



  • 2 leeks, white part only. Washed and sliced.
  • 4 cloves of garlic, quartered
  • 1 chile pepper, quartered
  • 1 1/2 cups or chicken broth
  • 1/2 cup of coconut milk
  • 1/4 cup of dry roasted peanuts
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 4-6 pork chops, sliced
  • 2 tsps ground cumin
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
  • 1 can of diced tomatoes with juice
  • 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
  • 1 cup sliced green beans

Sounds good? Let's get started.
Step one:
In a food processor, pulse the leeks, garlic, and chile pepper until finely chopped. {About 15 times} Stop and scrape down the sides of the processor bowl once to make sure everything gets chopped. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.



I actually haven't had the chance to show you guys my new food processor!Isn't she a beaut!! My amazing grandma gave it to me (us :) for Christmas this year! It matches our mixer! LOVE IT! Thanks g-ma!
Step two:
In your processor, process the coconut milk, the broth and the peanuts together. About 30 seconds. You don't need to rinse out the processor after you used it to process the leaks etc..

Step three:
In a wok or large skillet, heat the oil over medium high heat. Add the pork and cook until it lightly browns. Set aside.

Step four:
In your wok that's already heated up add the leak mixture. Cook and stir until softened for about 5 minutes.
Add the cumin, salt and pepper. Stir in and cook for another minute. Add the tomatoes and the coconut/peanut mixture to the wok. Stir and bring to a boil. Now stir in the quinoa and green beans and return it to a boil.

Step five:
After it comes to a boil, reduce the heat to low and cover the wok with a lid. Let it simmer until the quinoa is soft &cooked. It should be about 20 minutes.
Enjoy every bite!
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment