Friday, May 4, 2012

{YUMMY} Classic Potato Salad

Hello, hello, hello! It has been awhile my friends! It has been several weeks since I've posted...but no worries I have good reasons for the little break & lots of great recipes to make up for it! I hope you all have had a great few weeks! I know I sure have! I spent last week in Ontario visiting both my family & Dan's family! Dan was also in a his close friend's wedding. I love weddings! It is hard to believe that our wedding was almost a year ago! It's crazy how time flies. I am so excited for our anniversary..Dan has something special up his sleeve, but he's keeping it a surprise!! :) Anywho, I will do another post showing you guys the pictures of our time in Ontario!
What was I talking about?.....oh right.. potato salad! Well, I want you all to know that you should never buy potato salad at the grocery store, it doesn't even come close to being as good as the home made stuff. For all my friends out there who don't like to cook, trust me this is super easy. Let's get started!
 You will need each of these things per person that you are serving. So if you are serving 4 people multiply all of the ingredients by 4:


  • 1 boiled & chopped potato(for each person)
  • 1/4 red onion chopped into very small pieces
  • 1/4 of a green pepper chopped 
  • 1/4 of a red pepper chopped
  • 1/2 a celery stalk, chopped
  • 2 tbsps light mayo
  • 1/2 a hard boiled egg
If you make the recipe for 4 people hard boil 2 eggs. Once the water starts to boil, let them boil for about 5 minutes until they are done. 
You will also need
  • salt & pepper to taste
  • fresh chopped parsley to make it look pretty :)
Step one:
Put all of the chopped veggies, and chopped boiled potato into a medium-large bowl. 



Step two:
Mix in the mayo, chopped up boiled eggs, salt & pepper, and fresh parsley.
Enjoy! We ate this with some yummy hamburgers. Nice summer meal...I just want the summer to start already!
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment