Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Homemade Summer Sangria

Bonjour!
Sangria! Yes please! I figured I would post this on a Tuesday so you could have the time to go out & buy the ingredients for your Friday night get together! A few weeks ago we were given a bottle of red wine as a gift! It was a very nice gift, except for Dan and I don't really enjoy red wine. I KNOW, I KNOW...all of you crazy wine drinkers out there are going to think I am crazy. I am sorry, I just haven't acquired the taste for it yet. BUT add some fruit & some sugary-goodness and I am on board! I love me some sangria! So here is a very not healthy, but oh so good recipe! Enjoy!

Mix together all of the following ingredients in a punch bowl or a large(or two) pitcher. Let the ingredients sit for 24hrs in the fridge to get the best flavour!

  • 1 bottle of red wine (or your choice)
  • 1 lemon, sliced
  • 1 orange, sliced (you can squeeze the juices into the wine)
  • 1/2 can of orange juice from concentrate
  • 1 small can of diced pineapples (add the juice as well)
  • check sweetness. If you would like it more sweet add a tbsp of sugar.
Add the following ingredients just before serving:
  • 3 cups of ginger ale (4 if you like the wine more watered-down)
  • 1 container of blueberries (1 dry pint)
  • a handful of strawberries (frozen or not)
  • 1 kiwi, peeled and sliced ( I used it for a little decoration :)
  • add ice


xo

3 comments:

  1. oh waw! It looks amazing, love the bright purple color, so pretty! Thanks for the recipe, sangria is one of my all time favourite summer drinks, so fresh and tasty (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fantastic! I made one a couple of weeks ago too, but yours has way more fruit in it! Will have to try this one sometime too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so yummy with all the fruit! My last glass was basically all pineapple! haha I just ate the fruit with a spoon at the end because there was so much!

      Delete