Thursday, September 13, 2012

Harvest {{Garden}}

Look at my little pumpkin! How cute is he? Yes, my pumpkin is male. :)
We have the cutest little pumpkin patch in our garden. We have about 7 little pumpkins. This was our second year having a garden, but the first year we didn't plant very much. It has been a fun learning process. With me gone for a month and a half to Toronto, Dan is definitely the one who took care of the garden. Although, I am the one who has been cooking non-stop with fresh veggies! Seeing as this is only my second garden, I am still in "awe" of how amazing our own fresh veggies are. There is just something more delicious about eating something that you grew yourself. So here is a little collection of pictures of our harvest!
See how cute they are? 
We had a LOT of beans and carrots. I didn't take many pictures of them, but here are a few pics of what's left of them!
This ziploc was full earlier this week! The ziploc was what was left of our harvest.
 Eatin loads of carrots that's for sure!
We even pickled some carrots!

 Last of our green onions...
Cooked up some little onions in garlic & red wine! YES PLEASE!

Here are some of our canned goods :)

Tomatoes.
Pickles! Made with some of our own garden cucks! We didn't have many big cucumbers, hopefully next year will be better!
Lastly, Parsley. We have been putting parsley in everything! I am trying to dry the parsley & I am wondering which way is best. I have about half of my parsley hanging & half drying in the oven on 200F. I will see how they turn out. What do you do to dry your parsley?

I just wanted to share all of the happiness of my garden with you!  
If you have a garden, what are the yummy things you grow?

ta ta for now.

xx

2 comments:

  1. Jealous of your pumpkins! I tried growing them! Even tried hand-pollinating! The one I thought I might get, appears to be rotting! Ugh! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dan was the one who got the pumpkins going! I am pretty sure he hand pollinated all of them.. I am a little sad that they are so small, but I am hoping that they at least turn orange for Halloween! :)

      Delete