Thursday, November 8, 2012

Roasted Cauliflower & Sweet Potato

I love anything roasted. Every since my friend told me about roasting cauliflower, I have been in love.
Silly me, I forgot to take the after pictures. Here s the cauliflower & sweet potato before it's baked!
So what I did was I preheated the oven to 450F. I cut up the cauliflower, using the stem as well. I covered the cauli in olive oil( not too much), in fresh minced garlic, garlic powder, sea salt, pepper & freshly grated Parmesan. I placed them in a casserole dish, I find it bakes better in that than on a baking pan.
For the sweet potato I pealed one large potato & I sliced it into thin slices, as you can see. I then covered them in a little bit of olive oil, garlic powder, sea salt, pepper & dried rosemary. Also I forgot this time, but normally I like to put some parsley on them (fresh or dried).

I baked the two dishes for 30 minutes.
Ammmmazing.
I want some more right now!

This morning I volunteered at my local food bank. Twas a good morning. This afternoon was even better because I talked with my friend who lives in Florida on the phone. It for sure made my day. I wish I lived closer to the people I love!
What are you up to today?


xo

No comments:

Post a Comment