Thursday, February 28, 2013

Lentil & Spicy Sausage Soup

Hello, Hello!

Here I am, with an ACTUAL recipe :) It warms my heart to finally be back in my own kitchen getting back to cooking the things I love. It warms my heart even more to be able to finally share recipes with you all again!
This soup was super YUM. Dan has the week off work so we have been in super-productive mode. We have been getting so much done around the house & this soup was so easy. It was nice not to cook for too long so I could get back to our projects!

OH MAN.. before I get started with the recipe I just want to take a second to say that my husband is AH-MAZING. I was having somewhat of a "down" day yesterday and he brightened my day with a present. He is so thoughtful. He bought me this beautiful pearl necklace while we were in Cali, but he has been waiting to give it to me! :) I am so blessed.

Food time!

Here is what you need to make this easy soup!


  • 2 small onions, chopped
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 3 spicy Italian sausages, cut into bite sized pieces
  • 1/4 cup orange lentils
  • 1/4 cup green lentils
  • 6 cups of water
  • 1/2 can of diced tomatoes (we used 1/2 a mason can of our homemade tomatoes)
  • 2 cups of frozen veggies (the bad with the small pieces of carrots, peas, corn, and Lima beans)
  • 2 tbsps taco seasoning
  • 1 tbsps chicken stock
This recipe serves 4-6 servings. (4 Dan sized portions..6 "normal people" portions haha)

Step one:

In a large pot put your oil, onions and cut up sausage. Fry for a few minutes until your onions start to get clear.

Step two:

Add all of the other ingredients and bring to a boil. I kept my soup on 7/8 for the entire cooking time. So med/high. Cook for 30 minutes. Or until your lentils and sausage are totally cooked, which might take less time than 30 minutes.

&& ENJOY!


Have a wonderful Thursday friends!

xoxo

-Britt

1 comment: