Saturday, April 13, 2013

Banana Bread with a Chocolate Twist

HOLLA.

Who doesn't love a good 'ol banana bread? So seeing as I had 3 bananas starting to turn, I made myself a batch of my fav banana bread, but with a new little twist.


A chocolate twist that is.
So yum.

Just looking at this pic makes me want another slice.
But I shall resist. Or at least I will attempt to resist.
I have to go to the gym at 11.

Well let's get started! Here's what you need!


  • 2 cups of white flour
  • 1/2 cup of white sugar
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • dash of salt
  • 1 egg
  • 3/4 cup of skim milk(or milk of your choice)
  • 1/3 cup of olive oil
  • 3 bananas mashed
  • 1/2 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips
Step one:

Mix all the wet ingredients together. Flour, baking soda, baking powder & salt.

Step two:

Mix up the wet ingredients in a separate bowl. Sugar, bananas, egg, oil & milk.

Step three:

Mix the wet and the dry together until it's evenly mixed.
Yuuuuuuummm.

Step four:

Take 1/2 cup of semisweet chocolate chips and put them in the microwave for 35 secs. If it's not totally melted put it in for another 15 seconds. Feel free to use more chocolate if you want. ;)
Add a little bit of milk to get it to make it a little less thick. 

Step five:

Put the banana bread goo into a greased bread pan. Now pour the chocolate on top. Use a knife or spoon and swirl the chocolate around. 
Are you getting hungry yet?
haha

Step six:

Bake for 1 hour at 350F.

Enjoy!


What are your plans for the week? I will be working, planning for our spaghetti fundraiser lunch at our church this Sunday and I will be planning for my friends who are coming for a visit!!

I am like beyond excited. My friend Chantelle and her husband are driving here to come visit us next week. They've never been here & I can't wait to show them all that Saguenay has to offer! 
Also a few days after they leave my friend Haelee is coming to visit! We actually met here in Saguenay in a French course, but I am so stoked that she's coming back for a visit. 
So much joy. 

I will post pics from my friends' visits! I feel so blessed.
Okay well I am off the gym!

xo
-Britt



No comments:

Post a Comment