Monday, March 31, 2014

Raw Nut and Seed Bites

Hello blog world!
Happy Monday!





I am at it again! I just keep on making little bite size snacks and we keep on eating them so darn quickly! Dan said these ones are his favourite, so I figured I should share the recipe with you. I hope you enjoy them as much as we did. 

This recipe makes 25.

Here is what you need to do. Start by processing the following ingredients in your food processor.
  • 1 cup pitted, dried dates
  • 1 cup lukewarm water
Once that becomes a paste add the following ingredients and process until all the nuts are in small pieces but not too long that they become a butter.
  • 1 cup almonds
  • 1/2 cup peanuts
  • 1/3 cup sesame seeds
  • handful of chia seeds
  • handful of flax seeds
Lastly add in...
  • 1 cup of oats


Now scoop out the "dough" and make cute little two-bite balls. That sounds bad, but I don't know how else to say it! Place them on some wax paper for a bit and then you are all done!


 Now I am off to read and then to get some sleep. We did a quick road trip to New Brunswick to visit Dan's brother and his girlfriend/my childhood friend Kelly. It was a nice trip, short & sweet. We drove through a crazy snowstorm yesterday (what the heck mother nature! It's SPRING!! Rant over) and it took us a few extra hours to get home. We are both exhausted today. So sleep time for me!

I hope you all have a beautiful Monday evening!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment